Adriana is a certified teacher of the Mindfulness-Based Stillness Meditation (MBSM) program. The MBSM program consists of 1.5-hour sessions over 8-weeks, covering a mixture of theory and practice. In this comprehensive program, you will not only learn how to meditate, but also how mindfulness meditation can improve your life. Each week you will be introduced to a new mindfulness-based meditation that you can practice at home using audio-recordings provided.
Some of the topics covered include:
- What mindfulness meditation is and what the benefits are
- The stress and relaxation response
- How to distinguish thinking from awareness
- Dealing with emotions
- How to incorporate mindfulness meditation into everyday-life
How can the MBSM program benefit you?
There are hundreds of research studies confirming the benefits of mindfulness meditation on both psychological and physical health.
With practice you will:
- Reduce your overall level of stress and anxiety
- Feel more calm and relaxed
- Have more control over your emotions
- Learn how to respond to unhelpful thoughts rather than react
- Improve your quality of sleep and experience more energy during the day
- Have a clearer mind to boost creativity
- Improve your memory, focus, concentration and overall mood.
Some of the physical health benefits may include:
- strengthened immune system
- reduced blood pressure
- reduced inflammation
- reduced chronic pain.
This 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stillness Meditation Program was developed by Dr Ian Gawler and Paul Bedson from the Gawler Foundation in Yarra Junction, Victoria. The Gawler Foundation was established in 1983 and has been running retreats since 2004 to help people prevent illness and improve their general health and wellbeing.
Adriana also offers a 4-week, introduction to Mindfulness Meditation course. The next course will be held at The Quiet Space Melbourne in Mt Eliza, Jan/Feb 2020. To book, visit http://www.thequietspacemelb.com.au